Saturday, September 4, 2010
Sketch: At Home Mom
A quiet morning at the neighborhood playground. I hardly got any sleep last night because I gave into the temptation and drank some fabulous chai. Not so fabulous when I was still tossing and turning at 3:30 AM. An hour later I was forced to admit that the attempt at sleep was completely pointless and I got out of bed so that at least my husband could sleep peacefully. I made quiche and little jam tarts with the left-over crust for breakfast. Now we’re here. The kids are busy at play. I’m enjoying listening to the whir of the cicadas, the birds and the tree frogs. I love a Virginia summer. The trash men are here too - I can hear the tired engine and steady beep coming down the cul-de-sac. The kids love to watch the trash men. My littlest baby is snugly tucked in the stroller, gnawing at her toes. I have my coffee, journal and a pencil and I’m sure I must look like the half dead. But as I said, what does it matter? I’m sitting between two long rows of townhouses and no one is here. No one ever is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment